This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Northern Navajo Medical Center, Professional Quality Services (PQS) Division, Shiprock, NM. The purpose of this position is to manage a program for Infection Control and prevention, through leadership, performance improvement and implementation, and technology. Incumbent report to the Director of Quality Services.
Incumbent functions as the primary nurse for Infection Control and Prevention.
- Responsible for performing comprehensive surveillance for healthcare-associated infections and epidemiologically. Applies epidemiologic principles and statistical methods. Conducts on-going surveillance using Center of Disease Control (CDC) infection criteria, documentation, and investigations. Assess environmental controls. Collects data on the incidence of selected device use in intensive care units and other patient care areas. Directs investigation of unusual hospital infection outbreaks. Reports all in-house patients with communicable disease to the county and/or state health department and maintain appropriate records.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Service Unit Infection Control (IC) Program including the TB program and Infection Control and Prevention Plan. Provides infection control education to al Service Unit staff. Serves as a consultant to administrative and medical professionals, housekeeping and allied health staff on matters involving healthcare acquired infection, institutional and employee health programs. Serves as chair and subject matter expert for the SU Infection Control Committee. Attends Navajo Area Infection Control meetings.
- Collect data and prepare reports in support of epidemiological studies of specific problems or problem areas to determine the source of the problem and make appropriate recommendations. Selects quality/performance improvement indicators; prepares program budget based on the projected use of the data and evaluation of programs. Participate in continuing educational activities. Maintains compliance with national standards and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains medical devices, surgical procedures and surgical site infections data into National Health Safety Network (NHSN).
- Collaborates with the Employee Health Nurse, assuring that all regulatory requirements are met. Serves as back up to the Employee Health Program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586170200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.