You will serve as a Principal Technical Manager for Sensors and SONAR Systems in the Sensors and SONAR Systems Department of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.Learn more about this agency
*Announcement close date has been extended to 20-JAN-2021.
- You will develop the national competency for underwater sensors and SONAR systems applicable to all platforms as well as off-board distributed and unmanned systems.
- You will focus on analysis, definition, development, system engineering, integration and testing with numerous industry and government partners.
- You will manage a Science and Technology including basic research, applied research, and advanced technology demonstration programs, Research and Development, Acquisition, Test and Evaluation and full-spectrum life-cycle support.
- You will direct the design, procurement, fabrication, installation, and test and evaluation events for underwater sensors and SONAR systems for submarines, surface ships, and distributed networked sensor systems.
- You will provide long term stewardship of technical capabilities facilities and people and the support infrastructure for Technical Warrant Holders and Value Streams.
- You will identify critical science and technology and research and development needs and development of technology attainment strategies in the areas of underwater sensors and SONAR systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586156400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.