The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee is responsible for a full range of human resources management duties within the Office of Human Resources Directorate and will be assigned to one of the following divisions:
Human Resource Policy and Accountability Division
- Researching and analyzing data for accountability-related matters (i.e. staffing, recruitment, merit promotion, delegated examining);
- Reviewing and assessing various program operations;
- Evaluating/auditing audit findings to identify problems and devise solutions;
- Interpreting regulations and policies to ensure adherence with laws, procedures and compliance.
Performance Management & Employee Relations Division
- Researching, interpreting, and providing technical guidance to supervisors, managers and employees related to Performance Management; and management of Performance Planning, Progress Reviews, Final Appraisals and other appraisal processes;
- Distributing work and providing guidance and assistance to others.
Benefits & Payroll Division
- Resolving personnel/pay related problems;
- Developing reports using specific language to generate the National Finance Center’s focus reports; researching, interpreting and providing guidance to personnel on payroll policies and procedures;
- Administering automated time and attendance systems, conducting special projects that require substantial research and analysis of historical records.
Talent & Employee Acquisition Management Division
- Advising management officials on various types of appointments and their appropriate application in both the competitive and excepted services;
- Advising on the procedural and regulatory requirements governing the merit promotion process;
- developing rating factors and crediting plans for vacancy announcements;
- Using a variety of standardized internal/external recruitment strategies to aid in strategic recruitment planning; and advising on position career patterns.
HR Research & Assessment Division
- Determining the methods and practices for implementing and managing the administration of current and future HR assessment;
- Identifying improvements and enhancements in the operational procedures for administering assessments.
- Designing and revising HR organizational processes, workflow, and structure; and managing special projects and conducting research studies.
- Compiling work reports, data entry, preparation of training and workshop materials and other administrative duties.
Workforce Planning Division
- Developing strategies and plans based on projected accessions, succession, attrition, and other workforce indicators, compatible with authorized full time equivalent levels and position management;
- Assessing emerging operational HR changes and providing recommendations on the potential applicability to HR policies and procedures, including cost/benefit analysis, for immediate and long-term workforce planning requirements;
- Conducting a variety of independent or interdependent HR activities.
Vary - Promotion potential dependent upon selected grade.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586010000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.