General Information:Learn more about this agency
Salary: $59,534 (Step 01) to $93,638 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
NOTE: This will be a remote position with the Supervisor being in Reston, VA. The location of this position is negotiable and can be located throughout the United States. Final pay will be determined upon the final duty station.
This position is being advertised with the following announcements: USGS-DEN-21-10951209-ST-DEG
As a Biologist (Data Scientist) within the Ecosystems Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
- Provides data management policy guidance and technical support for USGS science efforts.
- Coordinates protocols and procedures necessary for data management, data integration, publication of data and metadata, preserving and providing public access to scientific data.
- Oversees use of data management systems in the Center.
- Maintains and enhances functionality of existing inhouse (MS Access) and external (Digital Measures) applications.
- Periodically provides critical review of existing applications for meeting intended needs of the program and our scientists.
- Edits information such as project summaries to make entries more concise and succinct (requires scientific background).
- Builds queries and other needed summaries of information (MS Access and Excel).
- Generates tables and graphics to convey information in various reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position ocassionally.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585998300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.