The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Waiver - COVID-19 Response
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as an Electronics Technician in the Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Testing components of new equipment for compatibility with existing systems prior to approval for use at a protective site; furnishing pertinent data to manufacturers’ representatives to resolve test or operating problems; serving as a test conductor and testing new designs and prototype trial equipment prior to purchase to assess usefulness and compatibility with existing systems and fulfillment of technical requirements of the Service; and preparing and coordinating facility test plans.
- Using technical expertise to repair, troubleshoot, install, fabricate, test, sustain and maintain a wide range of highly specialized electronics including cameras, video management system, intrusion detection and access control equipment.
- Developing substantial modifications to and/or preparing basic designs of electronics equipment, circuitry, and components; developing unique system configurations to satisfy operational requirements; evaluating the feasibility of incorporating new components, units, or devices into existing systems and recommending redesigns or modifications.
- Providing training and technical briefings to end-users regarding the use, installation, maintenance and basic troubleshooting of equipment; preparing operation and maintenance instructions and guides for end-users.
Occasional travel - Occasional domestic and foreign travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585988400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.