This position is located in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). FPAC agencies implement programs designed to mitigate significant risks of farming through crop insurance services conservation programs/technical assistance/commodity/lending, and disaster programs.Learn more about this agency
- Participates as a representative for NRCS on Chesapeake Bay watershed technical or management committees or task forces.
- Develops fact sheets, questions and answers (Q/As), and talking points.
- Coordinates distribution of approved information with the FPAC Business Center.
- Coordinates information and draft responses for Chesapeake Bay related NRCS authorities, programs and assistance for use by leadership.
- Uses data analysis to prepares reports, briefings, issue papers, and responses to NHQ, Departmental, or public inquiries.
- Coordinates review of interagency agreements, cooperative agreements, requests for proposals, and other legal documents with Regional Conservationists, State Conservationist, and National Headquarters staff leaders.
- Participates on national board, panels, and task forces advancing the environmental science.
- Actively supports the Civil Rights programs and communicates this support to subordinates and colleagues.
- Ensures equality in all activities - assigns program functions and provides program assistance to individuals, groups and the general public without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, physical handicap or age.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585840700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.