The Inventory Management Specialist serves in the Commodity Management Division of the Logistics Service at Long Beach VA Healthcare System and supported catchment area, with responsibility for the Inventory management of all expendable supplies and durable medical equipment (DME) in the assigned area(s).Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages and controls an assigned class of expendable material for a VA HCS and supported catchment area.
- Recognized as an authority on expendable (EX) commodity management and serves as a subject matter expert to all services and service lines.
- Inventories managed Include a wide variety of expendable Items and durable medical equipment (DME) which may or may not be available through the Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor (MSPV) program or other negotiated or Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contracts.
- Acts as acentral point of contact for the coordination of commodity support and the resolution of logistics problems across organizational lines.
- Acts as a focal point for new EX supply procedures.
- Makes decisions and commitments for the medical center on medical/surgical supplies that materially affect the VA HCS' ability to provide medical care to Veterans.
- Researches opportunities for and conducts analysis of potential cost savings, efficiencies, and process Improvements using quantitative analysis and historical usage patterns.
- Utilizes performance measures to conduct forecasting and quantitative analysis. Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Inventory Mgt Specialist/PDCV19-10425A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585655200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.