This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Associate Chief Financial Officer for Shared Services (OCFO-SS), Pegasys Financial Services (PFS), Financial Information & Operations Division (FIOD), in Kansas City, MO.Learn more about this agency
The employee serves as an Accounting Technician and is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and reconciliation of accounts and ledgers.
- Performs case-by-case reviewing, researching, auditing, analyzing, reconciling and fact-finding by using technical accounting files, spreadsheets and automated systems.
- Identifies and resolves problems and deviations.
- Plans and performs a broad range of accounting support work assignments.
- Determines the reasons for the rejection and takes corrective action or refers problem to the accountant and/or supervisor.
- Analyzes, prepares, processes, verifies and maintains a wide variety of documents, forms, reports and other needed data related to various accounting support functions.
- Reviews transactions rejected by various automated systems, including system generated entries.
- Processes various accounting related transactions and performs related research in applicable automated systems using different and varied technical processes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585637500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.