PLEASE NOTE: Based on the current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.Learn more about this agency
The position is located in the Office of the Chief Counsel in the Washington, DC office. The selectee will work as an attorney advisor concentrating on Employment Law.
As an Attorney Advisor, you will:
- Primarily, provide legal advice in disciplinary, labor-management relations and EEO matters, and represent the Bureau in employment and labor law administrative proceedings.
Your other duties will include the:
- Review of policies, procedures, regulations, technical manuals, and other agency publications for legal sufficiency;
- Recommend policy and develop the procedures and regulations implementing new or amended legislation;
- Draft legislation or prepare complete reports on changes in legislation in areas within scope of the Bureau’s mission; and
- Write memoranda of law, client correspondence, or notes, after researching statutory and case law.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585626400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.