This position is located in the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of Administration (OA), Office of Chief Administrative Officer (OCAO), Employee Relations and Learning and Development Division. The incumbent will serve as an Employee Relations (ER) Specialist, assisting the division in performing the full range of Employee Relations and 508 Accessibility Compliance duties for the Office of Administration and other components of the EOP.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations), GS-0201-13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Provides expert advice and assistance to employees and managers on areas of responsibility that includes but is not limited to conduct, performance, attendance, grievance procedures, reasonable accommodation (RA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP), and dispute resolution.
- Advises on and guides managers through the disciplinary and adverse action process, explaining such concepts as nexus, efficiency of the service, documentation and supportability, consistency of penalty, and the Douglas Factors.
- Independently conducts both broad and in-depth research on employee relations issues and incorporates research results to form recommendations for action.
- Composes proposal and decision letters to implement disciplinary and adverse actions while ensuring that employees are afforded appropriate due process rights.
- Provides expert advice and assistance to employees and managers on the RA process and serves as the RA Program Manager.
- Receives, analyzes, and processes RA requests taking into consideration the needs of the organization and the needs of the employee and makes recommendations to management regarding the disposition of requests.
- Processes FMLA applications and VLTP applications and donations.
- Develops and delivers formal and informal training and outreach on employee relations topics before large and small groups.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585516100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.