This position serves as the Assistant Chief, Health Administration Service (HAS) and has full line authority for staff who work in the Enrollment Office and Health Information Management (HIMs).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs the following duties but are not limited to:
- Administers operating programs and activities supporting health benefits and service provided to veterans, their dependents or beneficiaries within BAHA, as well as, facility-wide.
- Serves as the expert on laws (United States Code), rules and regulations (Code of Federal Regulations), and policies relating to health care benefit programs and services for the VA's health care delivery system.
- Responsible for developing and implementing administrative decisions directly affecting patient care and influences administrative planning decisions for the facility.
- Serves as the organization alternate resource person to various care line/service chiefs and top management officials in resolving difficult and highly complex problems.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Receives and processes requests for special informational studies, surveys, questionnaires, recurring and non-recurring reports.
- Prepares and analyzes data, identifies trends and concerns of issues, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Initiates action to reduce health administration operating costs without adversely affecting patient care.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of administrative policies in the clinical services.
- Conducts public speaking presentations to veteran service organization members (off station) and other community groups regarding health administration benefits.
- Performs the full range of managerial and supervisory duties including leave approval, creating position descriptions, writing performance standards, completing annual performance appraisals, and disciplining/rewarding/counseling employees.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm
Telework: Position not suitable
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Medical Administrative Officer/PD038740
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized for highly qualified candidate.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585482700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.