The incumbent performs clerical work in support of the care and treatment given to patients, working closely with the clinical members. S/he will normally work at regularly assigned station but is required to work at other locations if necessary. S/he performs duties related to the receipt, intake, and indexing of health and administrative information, and will interface with personal computer applications as well as numerous Vista applications.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and organizing work with general assistance from the supervisor as to meet local and VA- wide time frames to complete assignments. The incumbent is responsible for reporting backlogs, difficulties in meeting deadlines, uncooperative physicians or difficulty in securing information from clinicians or the record.
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information obtained to carry out required duties.
- Routinely communicating with physicians, case managers and other allied health professional staff using sound interpersonal skills and is constantly aware of the sensitive information. Otherwise, works independently making decisions based on guidelines, precedents and regulations and performs duties in such a manner that only minimal supervision is required.
- Meeting the needs of customers while supporting VA Missions. Communicating and treating customers in a courteous, tactful, and respectful manner. Providing the customer consistent information according to established policies and procedures. Handling conflict and problems relating to the customer in a constructive and appropriate manner.
- Providing care and/or services appropriate to the age of the patients being served, and which is appropriate to the cognitive; emotional, and chronological maturation of the patient.
- The employee is responsible for (1) protecting data from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion and; (2) following applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files, release of access codes, etc. as set out in the computer access agreement which each employee signs.
- Protecting printed and electronic files containing sensitive data in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 and other applicable laws, federal regulations, VA Statues and policy and VHA policy.
- Complying with all safety/fire prevention rules/regulations, using protective equipment when required and provided. Promptly reporting all accidents and notifying supervisor of unsafe/unhealthful conditions in the workplace.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585439700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.