The VISN 22 Desert Pacific Healthcare System is hiring a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement) for the Long Beach VA Strategic Business Unit.Learn more about this agency
RECRUITMENT AND PLACEMENT (55 PERCENT):
- Reviews the application packages of applicants in accordance with agency's qualification standards.
- Drafts assessments and announcements based on classified position descriptions or functional statements and completed job analysis forms by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the USA Staffing system.
- Sends reviews to Hiring Managers to make changes/edits to announcements.
- Posts announcements on USAJOBS website.
- Issues certificates to Hiring Managers.
- Sends Notice of Ratings and Referrals (NORs), and disposition letters to applicants.
- Audits and completes certificates.
- Updates various documents, spreadsheets and databases regarding recruitment and staffing.
- Reviews recruitment packages to ensure all documents are received from the service lines for the recruitment requests.
- Consults with supervisors/managers regarding the marketing sources for viable applicants for positions and recommends strategies for overcoming employment barriers.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to HR staff and management officials in all areas of recruitment and staffing.
- Supports employment programs by advising supervisors/managers on the fundamental legal and regulatory provisions of these programs.
- Coordinates and works with leadership regarding priorities for positions to be filled.
- Troubleshoots and resolves recruitment requests and contact Hiring Managers to finalize recruitment actions.
- Processes a variety of requests for personnel actions (RPAs) to fill a variety of positions and ensures that all personnel actions meet regulatory requirements.
- CONSULTATION (45 PERCENT):
- Evaluates trends in missions, technology, manpower, fiscal resources and other factors influencing future needs.
- Advises staff on difficult and unusual recruitment, placement, and pay issues or problems.
- Advises on the selection of SMEs and the rating panel process.
- Provides advice to management and resolves problems that arise in administering recruitments.
- Prepares written correspondence and other documents, such as newsletters, congressional inquiries, responses to reconsiderations, verbal and/or written inquires from employees and other internal/external customers.
- Provides guidance to internal/external customers on regulations, policies, directives and applicable supplements.
- Consults with Hiring Managers on recruitment strategies, such as job fairs, social media, recruitment campaigns, graduates, colleges/universities, private sector and other specialty talent.
- Creates benchmarks by utilizing quantitative and qualitative recruitment data from OIG, annual workforce planning studies, special initiatives, and other VHA applicable studies and data to achieve short and long-term recruitment outcomes.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement)/PD99989A and PD99989A12
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585421900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.