What is The Office of the Chief Risk Officer (OCRO) Division? The Office of the Chief Risk Officer (OCRO) provides direction and oversight to the major operational and administrative functions for the IRS in support of its business units that provide taxpayer service and enforcement.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT ANALYST DO? You will plan, and perform the most significant types of managerial assignments encompassing the entire program and functional areas often requiring the integration of cross-functional areas. You will serve as the authority and senior spokesperson to all managerial levels on complex and novel issues requiring knowledge of new or proposed legislation and comprehensive knowledge of tax administration processes in order to disseminate internal and external impact on the Business Unit and its stakeholders.
As a Management Analyst, you will:
- Meet with managers and executives within the Service to define overall program goals and objectives.
- Prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of program accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensures that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Validate recommendations of needed resources with managers of various components of the Service.
- Establish a system to review, control, and monitor on critical program deliverables.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of project data, requirements, and impact; identify problem areas and determine how to resolve them; review agency directives, IRM issuances, memoranda, service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the project.
- Conduct briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers or executives advised of program progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining adequate processes for review of work products and projects to assure technical and administrative completeness and accuracy.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - 01 TO 05 Travel Nights per Month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585419700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.