The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This is a Regular Part-Time position with a minimum work week of 20 hours and eligible for benefits
This announcement has been extended to January 11, 2021. A January 5th cutoff date may be used to send applicants first.
- Incumbent performs duties under the verbal and written direction of the facility director. Assistance and guidance is normally available at all times. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved IAW standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations. As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills.
- Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth. Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
- Works with senior staff to provide instruction and training to lower level employees on working in the homework center. Provides input to CYS training plan based on observed training needs. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585415000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.