The position serves as the Lead Medical Support Assistant (Lead MSA), for Outpatient Clinical Support in the VA Medical Center. S/He uses initiative in completing recurring assignments independently and without specific instructions, but refers deviations, problems and unfamiliar situations to the supervisor for assistance. Work is performed collaboratively in a Interdisciplinary Coordinate Care delivery model (Patient Aligned Care Team, or Specialty Care Setting).Learn more about this agency
The Lead MSA performs a variety of administrative functions associated with the scheduling of patient care for the clinical programs at VA Medical Center.
- Provides educational sessions to train new employees in clerical process in an efficient and effective manner to insure that clerical processes, functions and goals are understood and met.
- Must have knowledge of VA policies, regulations, guidelines and process as they relate to the scheduling of patient appointments, consults, NEAR, Electronic Wait Lists, and pre-appointment clinical requirements(i.e. labs, EKGs, x-rays) to ensure readiness for the patient visit- Monitors clinic's Access to care.
- Monitors ICB usage ensuring insurance is collected at time of appointments and captured appropriately by the incumbent and other scheduling staff.
- Must keep abreast of rapidly changing regulations, directives, software patches, programs, and processes involved in the delivery of the healthcare benefits package.
- Assist with the clean-up of the EARR (Encounter Action Required Report) and delinquent recall report; supports clinics regarding utilization and clinic profile management i.e. set-up of clinic grids, cancel and restore clinics.
- Screens/receive phone calls in a courteous and timely manner, determine the nature of request and provide the information desired using privacy rules and established clinic processes.
- Prepares correspondence and memos as needed- Promotes Veteran registration for and utilization of MyHealthyVet (MHV)- Stocks basic office supplies for the executive suite.
- Enters Veterans seeking emergent/urgent care, scheduling appointments accurately.- Utilizes call lists and telephones Veterans to pre-register them before their scheduled visits. Incumbent updates all patient demographics.
- Communicates and interacts with patients in a manner which is appropriate to cognitive, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and/or geriatric patient.
- Assures that all appropriate VA forms are used correctly and regulations followed.
- Additional duties or tasks may be assigned by the supervisor to ensure efficient daily operations.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585399700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.