RN serving in a Nurse Manager assignment will, while so serving, receive basic pay at a rate two-steps above his/her regular basic rate. The individual selected for this position must sign a statement of understanding regarding the higher rate of pay.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 7:30am-4:00pm
Location: Nursing Services-Mental Health (DOM)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- The RN Nurse Manager is responsible for sound fiscal and human resource management, effective management of administrative and clinical issues, customer service/patient satisfaction, patient and employee safety, and employee relations.
- Establishes relevant reporting priorities as applicable to the role and establishes priorities for unit-based quality/performance improvement activities, while promoting a culture of comprising evidence-based practices;
- Collaborates with leadership teams as it pertains to appropriate management of Full Time Employee Equivalent, resource requests, developing and implementing strategies to recruit and retain an effective workforce, and disseminating educational and non-educational information to all personnel
- Responsible for ensuring suitable and timely training, appraisal/performance development, counseling, scheduling of the unit, coaches staff, effectively manages employee conduct and performance issues, and completes recurrent reports and performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Responsible for sound fiscal and human resource management, effective management of administrative and clinical issues, customer service/patient satisfaction, patient and employee safety, and employee relations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585388700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.