Joining the Office of Investigations, Forensic Services Division, will allow you to work in a multi-media environment comprising a widely diverse staff of creative, scientific and technical professionals whose expertise span the fields of video and multimedia production, geospatial imaging, 3D modeling and simulation, forensic image and audio enhancement, and speaker identification.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a Lead Audiovisual Production Specialist in the Office of Investigations, Forensic Services Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Conducting pre-production planning and scheduling when projects are approved; meeting with the client to discuss the scope of the production, the intended audience and the purpose of the production; planning the production timeline, estimating the shooting schedule, preparing the script and a storyboard to present to the client; and reviewing materials for issues such as inaccuracies in content.
- Capturing good video in difficult lighting situations (i.e. low light, back light), and in fast-paced moving and changing conditions as well as recording good audio despite sound level changes; obtaining B-Roll, images/imagery; and creating supporting data needed to complete a project.
- Researching and recommending vendors and equipment, coordinating equipment demonstrations; making purchase recommendations; troubleshooting equipment; and attending technical conferences and technology equipment and software demonstrations.
- Editing difficult and complex professional video projects, such as multiple sound tracks, color correction, multi-camera editing, Chroma-key, nesting layers, key framing clips, image stabilization and tracking, captioning, using motion graphics like After Effects for complex compositing, and exporting and encoding project video.
- Consulting with clients to define project goals, scope, audio/visual elements, budget, timeline, and priorities.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to support the agency's protective and investigative missions. This Lead Audiovisual Production Specialist position starts at a salary of $121,316 (GS-14, step 1) with potential to $157,709 (GS-14, step 10).
Occasional travel - Domestic travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585275300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.