THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a Realty Specialist (Lease Contract Officer), you will execute or oversee execution of realty projects and acquisition of leasehold interests in real property for a wide range of highly complex or highly sensitive acquisitions and projects.
Positions are in the Public Buildings Service (PBS). These positions are being filled to directly support the Lease Cost Avoidance Program.Learn more about this agency
CLOSING DATE CHANGED FROM 9/30 TO 9/3/21.
We are currently filling many vacancies in a variety of locations. This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a critical need of candidates. We have a critical need of qualified, GS-14, applicants for our Realty Specialist (Lease Contracting Officer) positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-14 level.
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions vary by location.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments, if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview.
For questions specifically related to any individual location, please send an inquiry (indicating the location of interest) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have general questions about this job posting, or are having difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
As a Realty Specialist (Lease Contract Officer), you will:
- Conduct/manage interactions with real estate industry professionals to develop, oversee, and/or execute the most complex and highly sensitive realty projects within the region/assigned organization.
- Develop acquisition strategies for complex and/or unusual extraordinary customer procurement needs and advise the Division Director, on matters of policy, as an expert in the acquisition of leasehold interests in Real Property.
- Oversee other leasing personnel, project stakeholders and contractors in their performance of all phases and steps of lease acquisition, lease administration and project management from initiation phases to project closeout.
- Negotiate extensively to manage conflicts and controversial transactions between clients and State and/or local or Federal authorities.
- Develop creative approaches to manage realty projects and provide analytical, technical, consultative, and/or strategic business support to PBS customers during project planning and throughout the lease acquisition and space delivery process ensuring that lease projects comply with all applicable policy and regulatory requirements.
- Manage financial risk and maintain sophisticated market knowledge to deliver highly cost effective Realty solutions, and significant cost avoidance to the government by Conducting: market surveys, market rent analyses and building inspections; draft solicitations for offer, all aspects of cost and price analyses, financial evaluation of offers, lease documents and required accompanying documentation for real estate transactions.
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585267700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.