CLOSING DATE CHANGED FROM 9/30 TO 9/3/21.
THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a Realty Specialist (Lease Contract Officer), you will provide leased space for all gov't agencies, performing long/short range planning, space acquisition, assignment, lease admin and utilization work.
Positions are in the Public Buildings Service (PBS). These positions are being filled to directly support the Lease Cost Avoidance Program.Learn more about this agency
This Notice is issued under DHA to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a critical need of candidates. We have a critical need of qualified applicants for our Realty Specialist (Lease Contracting Officer). To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-12 or GS-13 levels.
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential).
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions and grade levels vary by location.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments, if selected under this DHA.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview.
For questions specifically related to any individual location, please send an inquiry (indicating the location of interest) to: email@example.com
If you have general questions about this job posting or have difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on DHA, visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
- Prepares and maintains current acquisition plans, strategies, as well as appropriate milestone charts and schedules. Identifies customer space requirements. Performs comprehensive market surveys and building inspections.
- Acquires leasehold interests in space for assigned customers with complex space requirements; solicits offers; develops, defines and negotiates lease terms and conditions; performs cost and price analyses of offers; incorporates complex modifications of terms and conditions into lease; and prepares and/or signs approval documents necessary to award the lease. Makes final award determinations and verifies the existence of necessary approvals for funding availability, and awards and executes lease.
- Oversees and enforces leases, modifying complex space provisions to reflect changes in ownership, the amount and configuration of space, and types of service received.
- Responsible for data input into several systems to track and administer procurement and billing information (such as GREX, REXUS, OA Tool and others).
- Ensures contractual documents/leasing information and final decisions are properly documented and input into the appropriate system.
- May serve as project manager for designated complex realty projects or lead an interdisciplinary team from GSA (architects, engineers, property managers, and attorneys) and from outside the Agency (lessors, developers, contractors, tenant agency personnel, or other technical personnel), to take the space need from planning and project execution through space delivery. Performs the full range of project management duties, using project management principles and practices and established tools and technology to perform the full range of activities such as project identification, initiation, planning, execution and closeout.
- Analyzes the existing space inventory for available Government-controlled space in satisfying the space requirements customers. Consults and advises the customer in regard to the release and reduction of space.
- Reviews space requests; develops housing strategies, and consults with agencies on their requirements (amount, type, layout and location of space). Works with customers in developing their space specifications.
- Coordinates efficient space design and layout through oversight of construction activities related to a customer’s initial space alterations or post-occupancy space alterations.
- Serves as the primary contact and technical representative for complex realty projects and realty matters often coordinating input from other personnel within and outside of GSA.
- Conducts/manages necessary interactions with internal and external stakeholders to develop, oversee, and/or execute solutions for varied customer business and diverse workspace needs.
- Prepares, reviews and approves required legal and contractual documentation as appropriate and authorized.
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
13 - Availability of positions at each of the grade levels indicated varies by location. Therefore, not all grade levels are available at each location. Additionally, the promotion potential of each position will vary.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585255200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.