THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a Construction Analyst (Cost Estimator), you will serve as an Estimator and Scheduler for all types of projects, from prospectus level to small program level projects, and serve as the cost manager advocate for the Division.
Positions are in the Public Buildings Service (PBS). These positions are being filled to directly support the Lease Cost Avoidance Program.Learn more about this agency
CLOSING DATE CHANGED FROM 9/30 TO 9/3/21.
We are currently filling many vacancies in a variety of locations. This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a critical need of candidates. We have a critical need of qualified applicants for our Construction Analyst (Cost Estimator) positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-12 and 13 levels.
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential)
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions vary by location.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointment, if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview.
For questions specifically related to any individual location, please send an inquiry (indicating the location of interest) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have general questions about this job posting, or are having difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006 or email@example.com.
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
- Prepares cost estimates with bid level detail for new construction, modernization, lease construction, renovation, repair and lease alteration projects and provides expertise and guidance to project managers on cost, pricing, market, and related items.
- Reviews and verifies A/E cost estimates for major systems, large buildings and provides consultation with A/E estimators and Project Managers.
- Reviews, verifies, and identifies cost negotiation items within the tenant improvement cost summary from the lessor.
- Provides consultation and review services for costs and technical review to design teams to ensure projects are designed within budget.
- Develops, prepares, and analyzes detailed construction schedules for new, repair and alterations prospectus level design and construction projects for the region as needed, including major multi-year projects for new Federal construction involving estimates of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Supports or represents lease contracting officers in negotiation with construction company representatives and attorneys to settle significant or controversial claim issues involving estimated costs and payments.
- Implements cost management quality control procedures, including maintaining common project phase checkpoints for cost and budget checks.
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585252700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.