CLOSING DATE CHANGED FROM 9/30 TO 9/3/21.
THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a Construction Control Representative (Construction Manager), you will be responsible for complex, large, and politically sensitive prospectus projects.
Positions are in the Public Buildings Service (PBS). These positions are being filled to directly support the Lease Cost Avoidance Program.Learn more about this agency
We are currently filling many vacancies in a variety of locations. This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a critical need of candidates. We have a critical need of qualified applicants for our Construction Control Representative (Construction Manager) positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-12 or 13 levels.
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential)
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Availability of positions vary by location.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments, if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview.
For questions specifically related to any individual location, please send an inquiry (indicating the location of interest) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have general questions about this job posting, or are having difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
- Oversees construction of lease and federal projects, either personally, or through contract construction management firms.
- Develops scopes of work, schedules, detailed fee estimates, contract criteria, and other pertinent documentation if professional design services from architecture and engineering (A/E) firms are required. Assists Contracting Officer in negotiating contracts and design changes with A/E firms in coordination with agency representatives and manages the overall planning and design phase of projects.
- Evaluates and/or recommends the work of A/E firms to ensure compliance with all regulations and design criteria. Administers A/E contracts, as well as alteration and new construction contracts and recommends approval or rejection of all or parts of the proposals.
- Conducts or directs contracted services (A/E firm) to conduct site investigations to determine feasibility; topography; subsurface conditions; site configuration; or condition of structure and essential data before initiating design.
- Coordinates with others to assure that all technical areas are addressed, proper design consideration is given and that the total project objectives and schedules are met. Prepares and updates milestone schedules for project delivery, and reporting on project status. Meets with local organizations to ensure that designs are compatible with the adjacent built environment and to assess the availability of a construction workforce.
- Resolves or directs contracted services (A/E firm) to resolve design problems. Prepares or directs contracted services
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585252200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.