CLOSING DATE CHANGED FROM 9/30 TO 9/3/21.
THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE: Please review further information below regarding how this posting will be used.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for overall project management of High Risk Lease Prospectus Level projects, which comprise the most major, politically sensitive, and complex initiatives.
Positions are in the Public Buildings Service (PBS). These positions are being filled to directly support the Lease Cost Avoidance Program.Learn more about this agency
We are currently filling many vacancies in a variety of locations. This Notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which there is a critical need of candidates. We have a critical need of qualified applicants for our Project Manager positions. To help us fill these jobs, we have been granted “Direct Hire Authority” or DHA. This means that when we have a vacant job, we can hire any qualified candidate, either from this notice or from any source. The benefit of applying to this notice is that your application may be shared with a hiring manager if they request resumes from this notice.
A few key facts about this DHA notice:
- Many vacancies may be filled at the GS-12 or 13 levels.
- Jobs may be located in any of the metropolitan areas listed.
- Jobs have varying opportunities for advancement (promotion potential)
- Availability of positions vary by location.
- Current civil service employees will receive new appointments, if selected under this Direct Hire Authority.
Each metropolitan area will independently review applications and decide who to interview.
- For questions specifically related to any individual location, please send an inquiry (indicating the location of interest) to: email@example.com
If you have general questions about this job posting, or are having difficulty applying, contact us at 816-823-2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on DHA, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp.
You will be responsible for:
- Project Planning - Senior project manager responsible for project management of prospectus level or equally complex or precedent setting projects. Establishes evaluation criteria and measurements to assess projects.
- Project Execution - Manages all aspects of the project's finances. Ensures latest trends and state of the art technologies in facility design, construction, alterations, space management, contracting, negotiations, and knowledge management are applied. Independently develops innovative solutions to address unanticipated project complications.
- Project Closeout - Ensures completion of project documents; makes certain they are uploaded into systems of record to track established performance metrics and historical trends. Conducts and documents lessons learned.
- Customer - Negotiates and coordinates project plans, budget objectives and schedules with customer agencies to establish and/or manage customer expectations. Informs customer officials of project status.
- Stakeholders - Maintains and/or oversees continuous contact with Federal, State and local officials, and the media (in coordination with Public Affairs) with regard to project issues and status. Briefs key leadership on costs, impact, feasibility, alternatives, issues, recommendations and status of project development.
- GSA Relationships - Leads and facilitates efforts and expertise of a wide range of disciplines.
- Directs acquisition and management of large numbers and types of contracts supporting all aspects of leasing and/or Federal construction projects. Monitors progress and evaluates performance against contract requirements.
- Prepares or assists Contracting Officer and/or the COR in preparation of statements of work, determinations, findings and solicitation documents.
- With the Contracting Officer and/or the COR, directs preparation and issuance of modifications and may serve as lead negotiator for assigned projects. Oversees and/or reviews project designs; coordinates development of design and specification packages for purposes of bid and determines construction completion times and prepares/reviews overall cost estimates. Participates in A/E and/or Lessor selection process and negotiations for design supervision and post-construction contract award services. Coordinates, leads and manages the design process within a lease project.
- Negotiates contract specifications and design changes. Participates in review of bids, contractors' negotiations, and technical and business discussions with contractors.
Business Transaction Management
- Negotiates the business transaction with customer agencies, including utilization rates and financial obligations; develops complex, accurate requests for funding and tracks financial obligations and expenses.
Occasional travel - Travel requirements vary by position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585251700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.