About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities.
- Serve as Course Director and Senior Instructor for two Student Success Courses: Student Success Course (RS101) and Reading Efficiency (RS102).
- Instruct, prepare, and administer materials designed to teach reading and study skills through the Student Success Courses to cadets, staff, and faculty.
- Responsible for faculty development and new instructor training in support of all sections of the Student Success Courses.
- Plan, execute, evaluate, and supervise the faculty development of the entire Center for Enhanced Performance (CEP) teaching staff of instructors/trainers in the teaching of post high school and college level courses in reading and study skills.
- Develop and modify the curriculum to meet defined objectives, and work closely with CEP course directors to ensure effective program integration.
- Evaluate current software programs, instructional technology, textbooks, and other materials that address college level academic success and performance enhancement psychology principles.
- Develop, revise, and administer evaluation instruments to assess student learning.
- Provide academic enhancement counseling services to cadets at all levels of educational development at West Point.
- Conduct individual and group counseling to address noted deficiencies in overall development or to enhance performance to higher levels.
- Assist in developing, organizing, reviewing, and analyzing assessment data from multiple sources related to overall student success course effectiveness.
- Assist with special assignments designed to increase or promote course effectiveness and ensure cooperative integration with other CEP programs and functions.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Academic Affairs and Registrar Services (AARS) for the scheduling and close out of all CEP courses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585220900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.