You will serve as a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist in the Surveillance QC Division of the SUPSHIP GULF COAST.Learn more about this agency
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number:ST-10966497-21-RGM. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
- You will monitor contractor compliance to the Navy and commercial allied processes specifications and standards in both new construction and post-delivery/repair availabilities.
- You will perform procedure reviews, conduct independent surveys and focused audits, provide in-process inspections and evaluations, and perform other duties as directed in both new construction and post-delivery/repair availabilities.
- You will review and monitor contractors systems for certification requirements, in process installations procedures, and engineering intervention of subject related process issues.
- You will review contractors' process installations procedures, measure and evaluate a variety of acceptance standards to contract requirements.
- You will provide on-site coordination assistance to SUPSHIPGC Post Delivery Repair project offices, various NAVSEA departments, and product assurance divisions as directed.
- You will assist in maintaining the SUPSHIP GC training program by training SUPSHIP QAS personnel in focused audit methods, new process methods, and other training areas as assigned.
- You will assist in developing, conducting and reviewing internal training programs within the technical, industrial, professional specialties and areas of expertise.
- You will function as Quality Assurance Representative for new construction, restricted availabilities, repair or regular overhaul of ships by local contractors and as SUPSHIP representative at remote Contractor's facilities.
- You will liaison with Deputy Program manager for PSA, ship's crew and contractor in administering the contract requirements, monitor the quality, inspect, participate in trials and initiate the completion reports.
- You will plan, organize, and conduct quality assurance actions based on SOM requirements for complex shipbuilding and repair availabilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585194100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.