This position is located within the Biomedical Engineering Department at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center. The incumbent provides leadership that ensures high quality and responsive customer service in the biomedical engineering service delivery and serve as a subject matter expert directly supporting the life cycle management of clinical technology to include ongoing service, system administration, training, and quality assuranceLearn more about this agency
Duties include but not limited to:
- Serves as an institutional resource, working extensively with clinical stakeholders, supporting clinical services by leading market research, technology assessments, integration planning, and implementation of both current and emerging medical technologies.
- Shares responsibility for managing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), network security issues for medical systems, and the information communicated across these systems.
- Provide project management oversight to facilitate installations and upgrades of various medical devices, software and healthcare systems
- Support clinical missions by contributing to the continuing education program for clinical staff, helping ensure safe and efficient healthcare delivery.
- Support the facility by assisting with capital asset and infrastructure planning, to help ensure successful strategic planning.
- Collaborate frequently with contracting to execute judicious healthcare technology procurements.
- Provide leadership that ensures high quality and responsive customer service.
- Serve as a subject matter expert directly supporting the life cycle management of clinical technology, to include ongoing service, system administration, training, and quality assurance.
- May assist in clinical research projects in the biomedical engineering field.
- Assists in conducting capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment.
- Serves as institutional resource who directly supports the clinical technology including service, system administration, training, and quality assurance.
Lifecycle management Experience of all medical systems such as imaging, life support, dialysis, and monitoring to include physical and network support. Functional knowledge of relevant safety codes and standards of regulatory bodies including, but not limited to, The Joint Commission (TJC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI).
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: Standing, recurring bending, walking, stooping, climbing, crouching, stretching, reaching, and/or lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Grade Levels: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-12. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-07 to GS-12.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585147100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.