This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Real Estate to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: The position is in the Real Estate Division with the Omaha District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The office is located in downtown Omaha, NE, near the Missouri River and the city's wide array of parks, museums, historic sites, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- The appraisal team in the Omaha District serves the Civil and Military Branches, and the work is varied, both in the appraisal problems and the report types desired by the client.
- A significant part of the duties of this position is comprised of developing planning-level documents such as gross appraisals that are intended to provide input to project teams evaluating multiple alternatives to solve a problem.
- This position requires final technical review of real estate appraisal reports within projects areas comprising of urban, rural and commercial properties.
- Create complex appraisals involving properties which have special significance or unique appraisal problems.
- Work appraisals where controversial elements of value are involved, sale and salvage value of buildings and property, and other similar types of property which represent unusual complexity specific to government valuations.
25% or less - Business travel is approximately 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585133300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.