THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a BUDGET ANALYST-Title 5, Position Description Number T5153000/T5154000 and is part of the WI JFHQ J6 Madison, Wisconsin National Guard.
ResponsibilitiesPD T5154000 GS-9:
1. Performs moderately difficult and complex assignments consisting of well-precedented tasks to further orient the employee in the application of occupational principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Reviews expenditure of assigned appropriations, re-imbursement allocations and transfer of funds.
3. Performs program analysis of actual expenditures compared to planned utilization of annual budget and/or allotment authority, evaluates fund availability to achieve balance of approved objectives and determines where reprogramming actions may be necessary.
4. Provides financial advice, interpretation, and guidance on a variety of budget related matters, to include types of funding available, budgetary changes, and year-end closeout procedures.
5. Prepares budget related reports, written correspondence and other documentation.
PD T5153000 GS-11:
1. Provides management oversight to the budget process, including planning, programming, budgeting, allocation and execution of funds.
2.Develops, coordinates and distributes Funding Allocation Targets to division and PM accounts using the State Automated Budget System and the State Accounting and Reservation System.
3. Prepares quarterly resource management reports, monthly analysis of financed orders in relation to forecasting expenses and provides narrative explanation of the causes of variances between actual and budget objectives.
4. Responsible for reprogramming and migration of congressional interest program funds based on Program Budget Advisory Committee (PBAC) decisions and changing needs of various organizations.
5. Provides technical budgetary advice and assistance to federal and state agencies as requested.
6. Independently develops and implements guidelines and policies as well as management controls for effective budget execution.
*** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. ***
***This job is posted along with 21-053B BUDGET ANALYST-Title 5 OBO and only one position will be filled.***
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585084400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.