The incumbent serves as the Internal Business Relationship Management Office (IBRMO) Business Intelligence Program Manager. The manager is responsible for the development, operations and maintenance of enterprise-wide computer systems and subsystems in support of providing IT Customer Satisfaction Metrics which are called for in the VA Strategic Plan.Learn more about this agency
CTAP eligible applicants must submit all required documentation with the application to verify eligibility
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This announcement is non-bargaining and may close early once an adequate pool of 50 eligible applicants is reached.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD14128A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Develops plans, policies, directives and provides program information for all existing and new information systems programs which fall into the functional definition of the Business Intelligence Center within the IBRMO.
- Collaborates, negotiates and makes decisions on work problems presented by subordinate staff and other activities associated with the project.
- Serves as the primary technical consultant and source of authoritative information regarding systems integration, systems operability, technical specifications and quality assurance oversight of all systems supporting the data repository.
- Manages the process of consolidating multiple data sources from different functional areas of the organization and succinctly communicates implications of this consolidation.
- Ensures that the data repository has all sufficient technical capabilities needed to deliver complex analytical reporting as defined by the Customer Satisfaction Analytics team within IBRMO and identifies system requirements needed to implement any unmet capabilities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585060900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.