The Technology and Science Division (TSD) located in Kansas City, Missouri, is responsible for maintaining uniform application of standards for grains and commodities, providing reference standards for Federal Grain Inspection Service (FGIS) methods and subjective guidelines, and performing analytical analysis of grains and commodities.Learn more about this agency
- Receives, logs-in, and tracks grain samples to include inspecting the samples noting their general appearance, odor, and damage and records any factors that may influence the analyses.
- Provides guidance to lower graded technicians regarding unusual or complicated situations that occur during inspection process.
- Follows proper testing procedures and analyzes samples supporting various programs using assorted laboratory instrumentation and a full range of chemical and physical testing methods including chromatography, spectrophotometry, and spectrometry.
- Performs calculations on a personal computer, including calculations for statistical evaluation of data.
- Compiles results of test data for the immediate supervisor based on analyses, interpretation, and statistical evaluation.
- Trains other technicians on properly using laboratory equipment to ensure accurate results.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585059200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.