These positions are located in North Central Montana District Office, Lewistown Field Office and Glasgow Field Office. Information about each location can be found at the following sites:Learn more about this agency
Lewistown - http://www.lewistownchamber.com/
Glasgow - https://www.glasgowchamber.net/
We expect to fill four vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Provides technical support and assistance in range conservation, range management, and range improvement.
- Monitors distribution and movement of livestock.
- Observes, records, and reports any signs of unauthorized grazing use/trespass animals and assists in roundup of trespass livestock.
- Assists with vegetation counts by species and/or life form from small plots or transects to determine such information as survival of seedlings, species present, distribution of plants, and volume of growth.
- Provides assistance in identifying needed improvement projects (wells, reservoirs, fences, vegetation projects, etc.) and inspecting/inventorying condition of existing projects.
- Collects and records data in range studies such as condition and trend use, utilization, actual use, and climatological data.
Occasional travel - Travel to the field will be required. The amount of overnight travel to be determined by the nature of the work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585038900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.