This position is located in the Bureau for Management's, Office of the Chief Information Officer (M/CIO), in Washington, D.C.
Announcement AID-21-0019-CRC is open concurrently with this announcement and has an area of consideration of U.S. Citizens. You must apply separately to be considered under both announcements.Learn more about this agency
As the Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Develop and improve operational processes within M/CIO, including but not limited to project management, IT governance, IT acquisitions, cybersecurity, and operations and maintenance activities.
- Perform research to ensure IT processes comply with federal guidance and industry best practices, and to make recommendations for improvements.
- Review proposed policy, regulation, and procedural changes to determine their impact on areas of responsibility and recommends updates to M/CIO and Agency policy.
- Conduct process and product quality assurance audits and assessments to appraise the effectiveness of IT processes, identifying deficiencies, performing analysis of those deficiencies, and developing recommendations to address the deficiencies.
- Develop and maintain M/CIO’s Quality Management (QM) Plan for IT Projects and performs research to ensure it complies with federal guidance and industry best practices.
- Coordinate policy dissemination, performs IT policy maintenance, and develop mechanisms to measure IT policy effectiveness and compliance.
14 - The position is at the fill promotion potential level at GS-14
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585005200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.