You will serve as a SUPERVISORY ENGINEER in the Combat Systems Engineering Branch (L24), Modernization Planning Branch (L31) or the Digital Systems Fleet Support Branch (L48) in the LITTORAL AND STRIKE WARFARE DEPARTMENT of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER, Port Hueneme Division (see Additional Information Section below for branch descriptions).Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Department Branch Head, managing a Weapon/Combat/Missile system multi-task organization providing test and evaluation and in-service engineering for various Navy ship classes and platforms,
- You will serve as a first-level supervisor for branch personnel, providing management and supervision of engineers and technicians, logisticians, and contractors, directing employees both technically and administratively,
- You will provide oversight and direction of In-Service Engineering and fleet support functions (distance and on-site support; modernization; systems engineering; cybersecurity; test and evaluation for weapon, combat missile systems),
- You will communicate with senior leadership and mid-level leaders on white papers, technical, programmatic, and budgets to support products and services provided to the fleet,
- You will engage in the execution of administrative functions, including higher level policies and instructions, to ensure NSWC leadership is appraised of status and issues or concerns,
- You will provide oversight and mentorship of junior Professional Engineers and other employees to ensure technical development of branch employees,
- You will implement effective Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) within your assigned area,
- You will develop requirements, monitor status, manage funding, and evaluate performance of service and procurement contracts,
- You will ensure the planning and execution of branch tasks are in alignment with Command and Department Strategic Objectives to ensure the long range success of the organization
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584988800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.