This position is located in Region 6, on the Bend Fort Rock Ranger District of the Deschutes National Forest in Bend, Oregon.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as Fish Biologist on a Forest Service unit with responsibility for planning, administering and providing professional expertise and assistance in fishery resource management.
For additional information about the duties of the position, please contact Bill Munro at (541) 383-4701 or email at email@example.com
- Provides input on fisheries resource and habitat conditions for all district projects including vegetation management, recreation, special uses and fire/fuels for the Bend-Fort Rock and Crescent Ranger District of the Deschutes National Forest.
- Primary contact for issues pertaining to the Deschutes Wild and Scenic River section within the district boundary.
- Proposes and implements fisheries habitat improvement projects on the district.
- Develops and maintains partnerships to accomplish outdoor education and habitat improvement projects.
- Conducts habitat condition and limited population surveys as necessary.
- Primary contact for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife concerning fisheries management activities proposed for the unit.
- District lead for managing the blue-green algae monitoring and posting program.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for site visits, field work, meetings and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584971200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.