This position is located in the Controller's Branch of the Financial Management Division (FMD) within the Department of Administration and Finance (A&F) of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay only, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is in pay band MC-2D which is generally equal to SES/SL in pay only.
- Oversees and reviews financial management activities relating to accounting operations; financial management internal controls; core financial system (i.e. Oracle Federal Financials); financial policies and procedures; federal financial management compliance and assurance; and financial audit engagement.
- Manages and maintains the day-to-day accounting operations, including developing, coordinating, and maintaining an integrated system of financial staff services; exercises controls over financial resources including overseeing month-end close processes; coordinating and synthesizing financial data into financial statement reviews and analysis; and leveraging tools/technology to gain efficiency and improve effectiveness.
- Leads and supports the preparation and coordination of the annual financial statement audit; the development and review of accurate and timely accounting reports; the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and corresponding notes; and supports/advises senior leadership on financial management decisions.
- Oversees the installation and maintenance of official accounting and financial management processes and systems; and interprets and implements financial regulatory directives and establishes procedures and guidelines to ensure that statutory and administrative provisions governing the expenditure and stewardship of government funds are followed.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions when authorized; and advises on appropriate accounting treatment and development of procedures or changes in policy necessary to carry-out MCC's mission and priorities.
- Advises, develops, coordinates, improves, and carries out financial policies, procedures, and outward facing guidance to departments/divisions as well as with MCC's country partners through program office liaison functions.
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and reports on program accomplishments in financial terms; and advises and assists with supplying financial management advice required to make management decisions, establish organizational goals and objectives, and support management of the organization.
- Conducts complex data modeling to evaluate trends; interprets analyses within the context of the agency's environment; and reviews/presents briefings of emerging accounting issues to agency leadership.
- Performs administrative, human capital and contract management functions relative to staff supervised; and ensures a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584919900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.