This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Strategy, Policy and Plans, Office of Cyber, Infrastructure, Risk and Resilience (CIRR).Learn more about this agency
As a Policy Analyst you will provide policy analysis and support the development and coordination of department-wide policy positions on cyber, technology, infrastructure, resilience and risk related topics and other areas of CIRR responsibility to include providing support to the Joint Cyber Coordination Group (JCCG).
As a Policy Analyst GS 0301 13/14, you will be primarily responsible for advising senior DHS officials and CIRR leadership on matters pertaining to cyber, technology, infrastructure, risk and resilience policy. Your typical work assignments may include:
- Develop and implement national-level cyber, infrastructure, risk and resilience policy, including the analysis of potential impacts of policy options and provision of concise recommendations to leadership on complex policy issues.
- Plan, schedule, and carry out major projects concerned with the analysis of cyber, technology, infrastructure, risk and resilience policy gaps across organizational components.
- Conduct analysis of cyber, technology, resilience, risk and infrastructure related topics to identify policy gaps and recommended solutions at the national level and across organizational components.
- Oversee the development of long-range strategies, priorities, planning documents, operational guidance, and program assessments of related DHS activities.
- Review, research, and provide input on new and proposed legislation, regulation, and other relevant source materials to develop policy options and/or coordinate activities with other stakeholders to implement actions across an organization's enterprise.
- Represent DHS policy positions in interagency and other working groups to other departments and agencies, foreign, state and local governments, the private sector, and academia through clear and concise written and oral analysis, recommendations, and evaluations
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584892400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.