The Office of Protective Services at NASA Headquarters (HQ) is seeking a skilled individual to manage the physical security, information security, and industrial security programs serving as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for the HQ Protective Services Contract in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the NASA FAR, and providing regular, accurate budget reporting, projection, and accounting.Learn more about this agency
- Establish surveillance and reporting processes in accordance with a Statement of Work (SOW), to ensure contractor compliance with Service Level Agreements and contract requirements.
- Ensure corrective action plans are developed and executed when issues or discrepancies arise. Establish measurements to ensure resolution and implement necessary action to ensure long-term resolution.
- Coordinate with the Center Chief of Security and Division Director on all aspects of security planning, operations, direction, and resource management.
- Manage facility physical security modernization projects and integrate new ideas and equipment into the current security framework to enhance monitoring and response capabilities.
- Identify gaps and provide effective solutions to operational and technical issues.
- Manage HQ security Communications Security (COMSEC) operations, equipment, and facilitate access and overall management of the HQ facility reading room Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) for the HQ community customer base.
- Manage and maintain accountability for the Department of Justice National Crime Information Center (NCIC) NASA HQ terminal/Point of Contact.
- Provide assistance to the HQ Emergency Management Officer (EMO) during emergencies such as: hurricanes, floods, building emergencies, tornadoes, etc. Also, assist the HQ EMO during exercise preparation, exercises.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584880500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.