The incumbent serves as an International Broadcaster for the Burmese Service, under the East Asia & Pacific Division, with responsibility for conceiving, planning, researching, writing, and broadcasting original audio/video scripts of a highly complex nature and for providing Internet content for web sites. Fluency in reading and speaking Burmese & English required. Background in broadcast journalism writing, editing, interviewing, and reporting.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writes news-related stories for use in radio, television and/or Internet posting using a variety of sources including area experts, newspapers or magazines.
- Writes feature stories on a variety of subjects for radio, television, or web posting.
- Prepares integrated, highly targeted, well-balanced scripts, radio or television program or program segments or Internet web presentation that captures the attention of the audience.
- Initiates and conducts original interviews with a wide variety of subjects and news sources, some of whom may be suspicious and uncooperative.
- Prepares and/or presents news and feature materials in a studio or on location for radio/television simulcast. May serve as show host.
- Initiates coverage of major events, and in preparation and execution of broadcasts remotes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584878800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.