This position is in Region 5; Laboratory Services and Applied Science Division (LSASD); Analytical Services Branch. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About Region 5: Region 5 webpageLearn more about this agency
- Analyze routine and non-routine environmental samples for the determination of contaminants and chemical parameters, with emphasis on emerging contaminates
- Develop, modify, and validate methods, and coordinating with headquarters offices (e.g. OLEM) to develop and validate new Agency methods
- Develop, implement, and adhere to Laboratory Quality Control system requirements.
- Provide technical expertise, assistance, and advice based on the analysis of environmental samples; with specific expertise in OLEM methods and analytes; and emerging compounds (i.e. PFAS, harmful algae blooms
- Interpret and evaluate data to determine its significance, and communicate findings orally and in written reports.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel up to 25% of each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584862300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.