You will serve as an Engineer or Scientist in the Production, Quality, & Logistics Branch of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI as an on-site representative at the Undersea Weapons Program Office (PMS404) in Washington Navy Yard, DC.Learn more about this agency
Per 5 CFR 335.103(c)(3)(v), this is a non-competitive reassignment opportunity open to those qualified who hold (or have held) a position equivalent to (or higher than) an ND-04 (GS-12GS-14/13 equivalent) on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
- You will anticipate problems and areas of major difficulty in the transition of the item from design to production, and guide production installations in their resolution.
- You will provide support in System Acquisition, System Engineering, Logistics and Support Equipment, System Test and Evaluation, and Contracting and Contracts Management
- You will evaluate feasibility of new concepts and principles and makes recommendations on continuance or abandonment of work
- You will provide technical advice to top level Navy management and technical personnel, other agencies, and private organizations.
- You will make presentations and writing technical reports and papers in area of expertise.
- You will plan, develop, advise on, and implement crucial projects and segments of key agency programs, projects, or activities
- You will serve as Serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584855200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.