This position is in the Office of Budget and Finance (OBF) and serves as the budget formulation, financial audit, and internal controls subject matter expert and advisor to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO). The incumbent performs a variety of financial, accounting and auditing, and budget development and analysis functions to facilitate financial management improvements necessary to comply with legislation and related regulations.Learn more about this agency
As a Financial Specialist you will:
- Participate fully and authoritatively with the DCFO in planning and executing program development, implementation, and evaluation functions of the office related to all phases of budget development and financial management.
- Oversee all aspects of the Commission's budget formulation process. Provide advice, assistance, and support to agency senior managers in the development of budget requests and related supporting documentation.
- Lead the office's efforts in support of, but no limited to, the Office of Inspector General's (OIG) annual financial audit; development of the agency's Performance and Accountability Report (PAR); support to other OIG audits; Data Act reporting; improper payment reporting; and others.
- Perform a wide range of agency-wide studies and projects associated with internal controls, program funding, financial management policies and practices, and initiatives for improving the economy and efficiency of agency budgetary and financial operations.
- Prepare budget, accounting and financial reports on a regular and ad hoc basis to provide supervisory and management officials with appropriate data for achieving the most effective program and financial management objectives.
- Prepare required budget schedules and agency estimates through review of budgetary data submitted by agency components in support of estimates and for compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures prescribed by OMB.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584849700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.