This position is located in the Sampling and Frame Development Section - Methodology Division of the National Agricultural Statistic Service.Learn more about this agency
This position performs mathematical statistical work that is exceptionally complex and difficult. The work involves the application of mathematical statistical theories, techniques, and methods to quantified information. This position also provides technical support covering a wide range of statistical and/or survey methodology and software applications.
- Plans and coordinates the sampling strategies used in agricultural surveys/censuses, analyzes the efficiency of sampling designs, and recommends appropriate action to improve or correct designs.
- Determines the sample design specifications, which include types of frames used, sample sizes, definitions of sampling units, and uses of control data for stratification.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the Section Head, Branch Chief, Division Director, and to the Field Offices as assigned by providing assistance with the methodological problems arising in the statistical program.
- Acts as the technical advisor to ensure that surveys/censuses are conducted with sound statistical methodology.
- Researches, develops, and tests alternative sampling techniques to improve the efficiency and efficacy of surveys/censuses designs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584849500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.