A successful candidate in this position will assist Senior IT Specialists working on systems acquisitions and the deployment of information technology solutions, including the development of an overall concept and design for all Corporate Business Systems (CBS) Portal contents. Provide assistance to IT staff, users and stakeholders in determining how the CBS Portal may assist in addressing business needs and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), you will:
- Conduct tasks that support the Office of Corporate Business Systems (CBS) and CBS Program. Activities include, but are not limited to, Project Management, Cyber Security, IT Budget, Enterprise Architecture, Continuity of Operations, and Contract Administration.
- Provides technical guidance, services, technologies, advice, and recommendations concerning routine or uncomplicated issues or situations to federal and contractor IT professionals maintaining DOE systems, networks, and connectivity.
- Ensure continuity in operations and the rigorous application of information management/information security/cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of planning and management services.
- Cultivate and maintain knowledge on current and emerging technologies and evaluate their impact on DOE networks and systems.
- Prepare briefings on aspects of assigned programs and projects, and reviews, prepare and coordinate correspondence, reports, memoranda, directives, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to assigned technical areas.
Occasional travel - 10% or less travel may be required to attend meetings, conferences, and/or training.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584840800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.