The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction, guidance, management, and expertise to a multi-disciplinary, world-class, multi-million dollar modeling and simulation program responsible for providing national-level decisions makers with timely, accurate, usable analyses and evaluations.Learn more about this agency
*** Salary ranges includes local market supplements ***
The organizational location of this position is: AF Technical Applications Center, Environmental Modeling and Simulation, Patrick AFB, FL
- Incumbent is the Chief of the Environmental Sciences Applied Sciences Branch.
- Directly supervises a staff of civilian and military scientists, and engineers across a wide variety of disciplines including nuclear, chemical, atmospheric science, engineering, and hydrology.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts priorities, and prepares schedules.
- Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments within the Mission in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives.
- Coordinates with other branch, division, and directorate managers (GS-14 and GS-15) and customers (GS- 14, GS-15 and SES) as needed to ensure the Mission meets customer requirements.
- Serves as leading scientific expert at planning and review meetings attended by senior representatives from universities, national laboratories, other national government agencies (e.g., DoD, DOE).
- Incumbent directs pioneering Research and Development efforts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584828900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.