This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force: Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and several organizational units. Typical work assignments include:
- Determining and implementing cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Defining, establishing, and directing techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions using intrusion detection technologies.
- Writing business/process documentation, developing models and graphics and making oral presentations to senior officials, conferences, and task forces.
- Overseeing and interfacing directly with agency and interagency leaders during cyber incidents of national significance.
- Directing and managing team/project members effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, soliciting close teamwork and prioritizing competing projects to fulfill long and short-range goals. Responsible for the overall execution process including day to day management of activities for subordinate staff.
- Leading teams to respond to critical network intrusions in the federal government and the nation's Critical Infrastructure.
- Assessing and providing strategic direction for resolution of mission-critical problems, policies, and procedures.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to 5 nights per month this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584802100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.