THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Public Affairs Specialist, Position Description Number D2400000 and is part of the WY Joint Forces Headquarters, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
Works for the local Army National Guard Recruiting (ARNG) and Retention Battalion (RRB) in the Marketing and Advertising section. Serves as the Social Media Content Specialist responsible for developing modern and engaging content to support the battalion's engagement strategy for reaching its internal and external audiences as part of the recruiting and retention mission for the ARNG. This position will assist the Marketing and Advertising NCOIC with planning social media strategies and content to communicate the ARNG Recruiting and Retention Command's communication focus areas, priorities and missions at the battalion level. This position will engage with audiences on the battalion's social media platforms, provide content to support Recruiting and Retention Company level social media pages, and will also establish and maintain working relationships with social media counterparts at the Recruiting and Retention headquarters.
(1) Applies modern, industry techniques to create engaging social media content to tell the Army's story and communicate Army recruiting priorities on the recruiting battalion's official social media platforms.
(2) Provides or coordinates for social media coverage of major communication events and efforts using the battalion's official social media platforms, including but not limited to, Future Soldier events, educator tours, awards for recruiters, and other key recruiting functions.
(3) Researches new and innovative tools, programs, systems, software, services and social media industry trends to maintain the battalion's currency and relevance with social media efforts and strategies.
(4) Plans and creates multimedia content using graphic design, photo manipulation and video editing software and techniques.
(5) Assists Advertising and Public Affairs Chief with preparing social media training and educational materials to provide guidance and training to company and center-level personnel supporting social media efforts.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584776100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.