This position is in the AO Human Resources Office (AOHR), which carries out the agency's human resource management and policy authorities. AOHR is responsible for complying with the law and regulations governing pay administration policies and programs for AO employees.Learn more about this agency
AOHR is looking for an HR professional with the technical HR skills, research and writing abilities, and initiative to work in an HR office focused on compensation policy for an excepted service authority. The incumbent of this position must have demonstrated expert-level experience in federal and/or private sector compensation management. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and evaluating pay bands and steps and assessing pay differences using appropriate classification criteria as well as benchmarking/aligning with OPM establishment of general schedule pay and pay caps.
- Performing compensation research to analyze market and incentive pay to develop and make recommendations for a comprehensive compensation program that attracts and retains top talent.
- Developing, reviewing, and updating compensation and human resources policy in response to day-to-day operational matters as well as in response to all levels of inquiries.
- Applying a mastery of compensation and pay setting experience to build pay structures, pay tables, charts, and compress and expand pay bands in accordance with federal policy authorities.
- Developing and providing policy guidance on establishing new pay structures for new positions; assisting operational staff with responding to succession planning and workforce restructuring requirements.
- Providing expert oral and written policy interpretation and determination on complex compensation, classification, and other human resources policy matters.
- Writing complex human resources policies, documents, reports, white papers, and compensation reports and analysis.
- Preparing and giving oral presentations on complex pay matters using a variety of presentation software.
- Providing advice regarding complex staffing and/or pay setting and pay adjustment matters in compliance with law and regulations and AO policy.
- Serving as a compensation expert in designing or modifying HR systems.
- Preparing and analyzing human resources data reports with data obtained from an HR system, and presenting summaries and recommendations.
- Analyzing staffing and/or pay cases to determine compliance with law, regulation, policy, and procedures and presenting cases to review groups.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584776000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.