You will serve as a division-level Senior Software Engineer (SSWE), Engineer/Scientist ND-05 (GS-14/15 equivalency) responsible for leading software engineering efforts in a the division (A20, A30, or A40) NAVSURFWARFCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION.Learn more about this agency
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number:ST-10940560-21-FR . Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
- You will lead diverse teams of scientists, engineers, technicians, and analysis in the execution of software engineering activities.
- You will identify and correct areas of weaknesses and gaps in software processes and procedures.
- You will serve as Software Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR) for the division.
- You will interact with other software engineers and the Software Competency Lead to continuously improve software best practices
- You will assist software intensive projects with Quality Assurance by reviewing project documentation and serving as quality oversight for software testing.
- You will represent NSWC PCD to sponsors and external organizations on all matters involving division software products including software support for test events, planning, execution, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- You will support software intensive projects at management required technical reviews at the project, sponsor, and Senior Leadership level.
- You will support the trace of software related requirements (including cybersecurity) from high level documents down to the product level and be able to assist projects in designing tests to verify those requirements.
- You will coach and mentor all levels of software engineers with a particular focus on requirements of the Command Proficiency Program for software.
- You will interact with other Department senior software and systems engineers on areas of joint concern such as cumulative effects analysis of software defects across in products that span divisions within the department.
- You develop written correspondence, plans, briefs, and documents in a succinct, organized manner.
- You communicate orally and in writing with all levels of the organization including at the SES/Flag level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584775400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.