THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Human Resource Specialist (Military), Position Description Number D1118P00 and is part of the WY Joint Forces Headquarters, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the position is to serve as program support to the Army Medical Department (AMEDD) Strength Manager. The mission is to adhere to the three tenets of the Strength Maintenance Program: recruitment, retention, and attrition of all Health Care, Chaplain, and Staff Judge Advocate (SJA) professionals within the state.
(1) Provides technical guidance and procedural support to the AMEDD Strength Manager, Recruiting & Retention Manager, Officer Strength Manager, Military Personnel Office (MILPO), State Surgeon/Deputy State Surgeon, State Chaplain, State SJA, commanders, unit personnel, field recruiters, and healthcare ministry and legal professionals.
(2) Participates in developing and implementing written policies and guidelines pertaining to recruiting and retention programs for AMEDD, Chaplain, and SJA positions such as local regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
(3) Coordinates and participates in recruiting efforts both locally and nationally at recruiting events such as medical conferences, medical school and dental school programs.
(4) Serves as a principle point of contact for applicants and other interested parties during the recruiting and application process.
(5) Provides monthly reports and regular updates to the AMEDD Strength Manager, Recruiting and Retention Manager, NGB and/or Credentialing Officer to advise on the status of accessions or losses of the various career fields.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584775100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.