The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens within the local commuting area of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. Joint Base Lewis McChord is located in Washington state and the local commuting area is defined as locations that are within a 50 mile radius of the JBLM installation (If you are an incoming military spouse set to report in the next 30 days or an Involuntarily Separated Military Member you are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent performs duties under the verbal and written direction of the facility director. Assistance and guidance is normally available at all times. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved IAW standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations. As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills.
- Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth. Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
- Works with senior staff to provide instruction and training to lower level employees on working in the homework center. Provides input to CYS training plan based on observed training needs. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584738800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.